Monday, August 18, 2008

Look for the Blessings!

What do you do when a day just doesn't go as planned? You look for the blessings! Amen! Today, the girls and I were supposed to have a fun summer day at the Wave Pool. After we arrived, we were standing in a long line only to find out that someone had put glass in the pool. We weren't sure how long the wait would be while they looked for the glass and I wasn't so sure it was a good idea to go into a wave pool that may still have glass in it anyways. Well, we decided to pack up and go to another pool. We made a quick stop at home to pick up Emmy's swimmies and jumped back into the car. Just a block away and the car started to make a funny sound. "Uh oh! I've heard that sound before," I thought. I was on E!!! How did I not notice that I was running out of gas? My husband lectures me all of the time about this, because he cares about our safety. So back home we went- barely making it as the car sputtered. The girls pouted because for the second time in one day- no swimming!! Abby was pretty mad about this. "We packed up for nothing she complained." I told her that I guess it wasn't God's plan for us today to leave home, so let's make the best of it. She pouted some more until I mentioned the two words water balloons. Finally, I saw a little smile! We decided that after water play, we would scooter to the video store and pick up a pizza. The day was getting better, but then we had a difficult time trying to cross a busy street. Both of the girls came way too close to being hit by a car. Luckily, we arrived home safely. A big scare for all of us! It was frustrating how people didn't care to slow down at the cross walk to let my family get across the street safely. So tonight, I am counting my blessings. Even if the day didn't go as planned, my two precious darlings are at home safe, sleeping in their bed. What more could I ask for?

My girls when they were babies!!

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site