Friday, August 8, 2008

Biblical Parenting

Yesterday, I wrote about the importance of reading the bible and using a kid-friendly bible with our children. Going to God's word daily is very important for our kid's, but also salient for us to be effective parents. After going to a parent group tonight, I've thought more about this. There are so many days where I question if I am doing this parenting thing right?? Am I being too strict, am I being too lenient? Am I doing enough, am I spoiling too much? and so on. Parenting is such a huge responsibility, but we don't have to do it alone! God has the instruction manual for us- the bible! With so many books out there with advice, it is so easy to get confused. God's truth can guide us and help us feel secure with the incredibly challenging, but wonderful gift of parenting.

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site