Saturday, August 2, 2008

Fun Prayers for Kids

When I was a child, we prayed the traditional prayers at the table and at bedtime, but we also enjoyed the fun prayers that we learned at Bible camps and in Sunday school. My daughters enjoy the prayers that I have passed on from my childhood, but are excited to teach me the new prayers that they have learned from church and preschool. Holidays and special events are filled with joy as all of the kids(cousins) get together and pray to God in song! Here are two of the prayers that my daughters have taught our family:

Scooby Doo Prayer (Sing to the theme of Scooby Doo!)

Thank you, thank you, Lord
For our food.
And all that we are given.
We can count on you,
To be true.
To make our lives worth living.


Superman Prayer (Sing to the the Superman theme)
The kids do arm movements with this as well. Too cute!!

Thank you, Lord
For giving us food.
Thank you, Lord
For giving us friends.
The food that we eat!!
The friends that we meet!!
Thank you, Lord!!
Amen, Amen!


Here are a couple of ideas that I found that I'd like to try with my family! Link to the website below to read the article Fun Family Prayer Adventures.
http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/onlinediscipleship/halloween/nappa_family_prayer.aspx

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site