Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bibles for Beginners

Finding the right bible for your child that is visually appealing and age-appropriate is very important. The Christian book stores that I have visited provide many options for first bibles. I have been happy with the bibles that I have used with my girl's in the past, but have been really impressed with a new bible that little sis' received as a gift from her Preschool teachers. It is titled Goodnight Bible:45 Bedtime Bible Stories for Little Ones-stories retold by Susan L. Lingo. It starts out with tips for Parents and Caregivers, Bed Time Rhymes, and a letter to your child from a firefly named Night Light. This cute critter helps guide your child with questions for quiet time and a prayer for prayer time after each story. This bible is very kid-friendly because of it's colorful illustrations and it's poetic form of story-telling. Both of my girls have enjoyed our bedtime readings, although I would suggest it more for toddlers and preschoolers.

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site