Sunday, September 7, 2008

Making Room for his Blessings

Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars, also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1: 16-19


"Look at the sunshine, Mommy," exclaimed Little Sis as we left for Preschool on Friday, "God gave us sun again, today!"

It is mentioned in the bible that we should have faith like a child. What a wonderful reminder that we can see God everyday in his creation! Later that day, I decided to share a Chris Tomlin video with Little Sis that I posted on this blog. I thought that she would enjoy listening to the music, but also looking at the beautiful pictures in the video. When the video ended, she looked up at me and said, "Mommy, I miss God."

I'm not sure if the music stirred up an emotion in her that she didn't know how to describe at her age. I told her that she doesn't have to miss God, because he is always here with her even though she can't see him.
"I better make room for him in my bedroom!" she responded. Too funny! I told her that even though her bedroom is messy, God will still be there.

Her comment reminded me that we all need to make room for God, maybe not in our messy rooms, but in our hearts so that we can see him daily in the blessing of his creation!

Dear Lord,
Help us to focus on you today and to be thankful for all of the gifts you have given to us. Please clean out the areas of our hearts that aren't pleasing to you, Lord, so that we can make room for you to dwell. We pray that you help us to have faith like a child and to see you through their eyes.
In Jesus' precious name,
Amen

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site