Sunday, April 19, 2009

Slow to Anger, Easy to Forgive

Slow to anger, easy to forgive- I strive for this. It is easier said than done, though. Isn't it? Especially if we aren't putting God first. Yesterday, an incident occurred that saddened me, but also caused me to feel anger. I had to hold back to not say something that I would regret later. This usually happened when it involves someone I care about- like Sunshine girl. Sunshine is very impulsive, outgoing, speaks her mind, questions authority, but is also very loving, sensitive, and caring. Yesterday at a family picnic, she kicked a rock and was accused of doing it maliciously. In my heart I can't see her trying to hurt an adult with a rock- it's not her nature. Kicking rocks out of anger or impulse, yes. This is her nature and it's wrong because someone could get hurt. The person that was injured yelled at her and then shortly after found me and basically told me off. She believes that Sunshine kicked a rock at her because she said no to her about taking her dog for a walk. Luckily, there weren't too many people around. I wanted to discuss things with her, but I didn't feel it was appropriate. This was my husband's and my brother-in-laws birthday party and the last thing I wanted to do was make a scene. What saddens me is this is the sister of family member that I am very close to and now I feel like things are unsettled. She even was rude with my mother and told her that if people continue to make excuses for her, she will continue to do it. It is as though she is 1. accusing me of not disciplining my child and 2. assuming that it is common for my daughter to hurt people with rocks. My daughter cried for the longest time yesterday and swore to me over and over that she didn't mean to hurt anyone. She then sat alone for the longest time, because she was too uncomfortable to go back to her father's party. I just feel horrible today about this and would like to forgive and just let it go, but it is hard when you see your child hurting. I'm going to lift these concerns up today.

Prayers are greatly appreciated! Enjoy your day.

Blessings,

Jen

1 comment:

Joy said...

What a sad day :( I'm so sorry that happened to your child.

If I were in the situation, I would call the sister who spoke so mean to both you, your daughter and your mother and just explain to her that its not acceptable and if she cant realize that the rock kicking was indeed an accident then she will be unable to see your daughter.

The Breast Cancer Site