Monday, March 16, 2009

Irish Blessings!



I've always enjoyed Irish Blessings, even though I don't have an Irish heritage. Marrying into an Irish family has given me the opportunity to share a little bit more of this culture with my children. Below are a few Irish blessings for you to enjoy!

In This Irish Home
May these walls be filled with laughter,
may it reach from floor to rafter.
May the roof keep out the rain,
may sunshine warm each windowpane.
And may the door be open wide
to let the Good Lord's love inside.
____________________________________

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!
____________________________________

This day I call to me:
God's strength to direct me,
God's power to sustain me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's vision to light me,
God's ear to my hearing,
God's word to my speaking,
God's hand to uphold me,
God's pathway before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's legions to save me.
from A Retreat With St. Patrick
____________________________________

Source: Irish Culture and Customs

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jen

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site