Thursday, October 9, 2008

Heart like a Child

Yesterday, I received a really nice email from a friend that focused on how God whispers to us everyday, but how we miss it. (Click here to view Whispers) This made me think about a recent experience with my youngest. We were walking home from taking big sis to school, when we noticed a tree that was changing colors. After explaining a little bit of science behind the tree, my little peanut wanted even more details. I explained to her that I didn't know exactly how the tree held the nutrients in the winter. I just knew that it did. She responded- "Isn't it amazing how God can do that to the tree." A four year old sees his presence daily, but so many of us as adults miss it. We miss his great works and his whispers. It makes sense why Jesus says to have faith like a child. Then we would hear and see better! Boy, children are smart!

Children see things differently than we do. Simple. Peaceful. Humble. And while we spend our time, energy, and resources on balancing life's stresses and fighting to maintain the reputation we've built for ourselves, Jesus is gently calling us back to the heart of a child. from Biblesoft.com: Like a Child: Part 1

2 comments:

Mary Lutz said...

Hi! I found your blog on Mom Blogger's Club. I too am a Christian Mom, but my kids are teens. Just trying to connect with other Christian mom bloggers. God bless you!

Jen said...

Thank you so much for visiting! I think it is important to meet, encourage, and learn from different moms that are in all of the different stages of parenting. So I'm glad that you stopped by!!God bless you!
Jen

The Breast Cancer Site