Monday, January 12, 2009

A Lesson in Perserverance!


My six year old was playing a game the other night and was complaining that she couldn't get the chip in the right spot. She was working hard at flinging this chip onto the game board, but just couldn't get it.

She ran into the kitchen and said "Mom,I kept praying and praying that God would help me get it and it didn't work. I must have prayed 20 times and my prayers still weren't answered!"

I explained to her that sometimes God doesn't answer our prayers because he is trying to teach us a lesson. She looks puzzled. I explained that maybe her lesson for today was perseverance. We talked about this and how God was actually helping her by not letting it be so easy for her. I think she got it. A little smile came across her face as she was thinking about it.

Sometimes life's lessons aren't easy,but they are there to help us in the long run. God doesn't always give us what we pray for because his plans are better than our own!

Blessings,
Jen

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site