Friday, April 10, 2009

How do we share Good Friday with our Children?

If you are looking for ideas on how to observe Good Friday with your children, I found a few ideas at ehow.com. One of the ideas that I liked was baking hot crossed buns. The cross on the bun to represent Jesus on the cross. Trying to figure out ways to teach about Good Friday in an age appropriate way has been a challenge for me as a parent. I did use the resurrection eggs, but was still a bit uncomfortable with the spear and other symbols used in the eggs. The way that Jesus died was so awful that I don't want to scare my children, even though I believe that they need to know that he died for them. If you've struggled with this, I'd like to hear from you. Or if you've found a way to share the truth of Jesus in an age appropriate way, please share suggestions.

Have a blessed Easter!

Jen

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site